a safe, tranquil, therapeutic space.
Boorman Counseling was founded in 2009 by Heather with the goal of providing a safe, tranquil, and therapeutic space to help children, youth, and adults heal in mind, body, and spirit. It started with one therapist offering support to her community in one office, and in the past 8 years has grown to provide support to hundreds of children, youth, and adults in 2 offices in Western Wisconsin through relationships with our 5 fabulous therapists and office manager.
In addition, Boorman Counseling sponsors The Fringy Bit, an online community providing real support and stories to thousands of people worldwide who love someone who is wired a bit differently.
The mission of Boorman Counseling is to provide people with the tools needed to live successful, balanced, and content lives.
Our vision is to be the mental health provider of choice in Western Wisconsin. In everything, we aim to partner with our clients to improve their ability to cope, their relationships, and their overall well-being.
In pursuing this vision, we are guided by a core set of values:
• We are committed to partnering with our clients, always respecting their dignity, worth, and self-determination.
• We are committed to holistic well-being and understand that all
individuals are physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual beings.
• We value fun and play, and work to create an environment conducive to creative, playful expression.
• We value diversity and are committed to providing culturally competent mental health services.
• We value integrity. In the event we believe a client would be best served by a therapeutic intervention for which we are not sufficiently trained, we will make appropriate referrals.
• We are committed to continual growth and lifelong learning, for our
clients, our providers, and ourselves.
• We believe that everyone has the ability to make positive changes if
they have the motivation to do so.